1) All participants are responsible for their own equipment and need to be sufficiently prepared for this ride. Therefore, all participants should make sure that they are in good shape to complete the ride, this means physically but also the bike and the equipment.
2) Helmets are mandatory and the helmet needs to be in good condition. Riders without helmet are not allowed to participate at the ride.
3) All participants are obliged to follow the safety instructions of the organisers: before, during and after the event.
4) Some parts of the track might be dangerous and will be warned with signs. Absence of signs does not mean there are no dangers approaching so it is every rider’s responsibility to decide whether to ride a section, walk or avoid the section.
5) Dusty Moon gravel ride is a ride, not a race. All traffic rules apply and there will be no road-blocks. At intersections, please cross the road when you decide it is safe to cross and respect traffic regulations.
6) Environment: please respect the environment before, during and after the event. There will be enough trash cans at the food stops to discard your rubbish.
7) The Dusty Moon Gravel Ride takes place in June. Regarding weather, make sure you come prepared according to the weather forecast. Bring sunscreen and enough water for sunny days, and a rain jacket when rain is forecasted.
8) The organisers reserve the right to cancel, postpone or adapt the event in case of severe weather conditions. Unfortunately no refund will be applicable in case of force majeure.
9) Participants are allowed to register for the event at 18years of age or older. Participants under 18 can participate only with written approval of a parent/guardian and all time accompanied by a parent/guardian during the event. The accompanying adult will take full responsibility of the under 18 year old.
10) BVBA Le Peloton de Paris, the organisation, is covered by public liability insurance for the event.
11) All participants of the Dusty Moon Gravel Ride are responsible for their own safety an conducting the ride is at own risk. When a rider is not covered by it’s own insurance, the organisation cannot be held responsible.
12) All participants will be fully responsible of any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either caused by or involving the participant (such as fees from Police, Ambulance, Fire and Rescue,…).
13) Loss and damage of goods: The organisers cannot take responsibility for loss or damage of personal possessions before/during/after the ride.
14) Participants should be aware the route is also accessible to other people, vehicles and animals which are not participating in the event. All participants should respect other riders and people, vehicles and animals which are present on the course.
15) By participating in the event, all participants and spectators grant exclusive, absolute and irrevocable worldwide assignment in perpetuity in the photographs, film, video and electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant obtained at the event location or during the ride. All rights belong to the organisation (BVBA Le Peloton de Paris) and the participant releases the organisation from any liability from such use and promotion. The participant hereby authorises the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage and/or distribution of said photographs, film, video tapes and electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation. The participant waives any right to any compensation they may have for appearing in any of the photographs, film, video tapes and electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant at the Dusty Moon Gravel Ride.
16) When a participants decides to change the route and distance, or fails to complete the course, they need to return to the start/finish location or notify the organisers before the end of the event.
17) All participants will receive the GPX-track of the Dusty Moon Gravel Ride at least 2 weeks before the event takes place. The GPX-file will be the main guidance for completing the ride since there will not be foreseen signalisation. Therefore all participants need to have a working GPS device and enough battery life for the full distance of the ride (or bring a power bank or battery charger).
18) After registration, participants may apply for a full refund up to 14 days after registering. An administrative fee of 5 euro will be deducted from the refund. After 14 days, entry tickets can be transferred to other participants but the original participant needs to handle the transfer of the ticket himself. Once the transfer is complete, the original participant needs to send an email to the organisation in which he confirms the transfer and informs the organisation of the name and email address of the new participant. When the registration is made less than 14 days before the event takes place, no refund is possible.
19) By purchasing a ticket for the Dusty Moon Gravel Ride, the participant agrees and approves with all terms and conditions.